Thread: Do I have depression?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    thatsthat
    Hi Ive come to the wrong place sorry l thought id explained that the only thing that keeps me going is my wife and children. It wasnt an attack on my wife saying she doesnt understand me. My wife gets she doesnt understand evreything i mean and i dont expect her too thats why i came here expecting people who are struggling with depression with some life experiences to share. Bringing up pregnancy child birth periods to knock me back to remind men dont know theyre born attitude i guess im not really welcome here. Maybe forums are no good for me. Good luck all.x

We know you're not attacking your wife, we also know you're trying to do the best you can, as a partnership, under very difficult circumstances. I personally know how hard it is to keep your marriage healthy while going through all this - I'm the one with depression. All we were saying is to show you both you're not alone.

I think you may have read things into what we've said that weren't there. Of course you're welcome here! It's your choice if you post, of course, but I hope you can feel able to talk to us again.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsthat View Post
    Hi Ive come to the wrong place sorry l thought id explained that the only thing that keeps me going is my wife and children. It wasnt an attack on my wife saying she doesnt understand me. My wife gets she doesnt understand evreything i mean and i dont expect her too thats why i came here expecting people who are struggling with depression with some life experiences to share. Bringing up pregnancy child birth periods to knock me back to remind men dont know theyre born attitude i guess im not really welcome here. Maybe forums are no good for me. Good luck all.x
    I'm sorry you feel like this, but I genuinely can't see anything which suggests you aren't welcome here - please, if you could can you stay and talk and show me? I know how hard it is to be the partner of someone with depression as I've supported my husband through depression, break down(s), paranoia, social phobia and more... Really, I'm genuinely really upset you feel that you feel as you've stated... Stay and talk to us. We have many male members and you are definitely more than welcome.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

thatsthat
    Hi all
    Over a year since I posted. flip! I'm still here! not depression free but OK (don't want to jinx it!) Maybe I did read into somethings that I shouldn't have and for that I apologise, but that's where I was at that time and to be honest it's hard to remember who I was then and how i am now. Depression seems to ebb and flow with me, never gone but at different levels. Stuck in my head that I had to reply and apologise.
    Thanks for listening, good luck all.
    Jeff

Hi Jeff, it's good to see you again
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.