Thread: Trazodone for sleep - experiences anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Richard-
    I've just started taking 50mg of Trazadone prescribed by my GP and am tapering off 30mg of Mistazapine which I had been taking for 18 months. The combination of the two at the moment helps me sleep but leaves me incredibly drowsy and lethargic the next day. I was told Trazadone in small quantities is a popular prescription for insomnia as is Mirtazapine and Trazadone in higher quantities (150mg plus a day) has AD properties. I'm due a two week review tomorrow where I expect the GP to completely stop the Mirtazapine and up the dose of the Trazadone. Quietapine in small quantities is also used for people with chronic sleep problems but my experience is many GP's are reluctant to prescribe it without the say so of a psychiatrist. Hope it helps and let me know how you go on Trazadone? Cheers Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard- View Post
    Quietapine in small quantities is also used for people with chronic sleep problems
    Yes, I was prescribed 50mg immediate release Quetiapine and it worked for months for getting me to sleep.