Thread: Overcoming a negative event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How are you finding it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

raininghail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you finding it?
    Hard to say. I was switched to Mirtazapine to help me sleep, and I can vouch that it's done that. It also made me want to eat anything that's not nailed down.

Beyond that, I cannot say it's doing anything. Most of the time I cannot see the point in anything, and if by chance I'm having a good day, the tiniest thing can destroy my mood. My bed has become a sanctuary from the world - I spend most days in bed on my laptop. I know it's not helping and only making my problems worse but its all I seem able to do.

The counsellor I was see was advocating baby steps and not trying to change everything overnight, and that's what I'm trying to focus on doing. I have had some successes, but it's not easy because my inner critic really likes to beat me up.

In other news, I spoke to the 3rd party yesterday. They want to meet with me to discuss what's happened in more detail. I believe they can assign another person to handle my case or refer me to a counselling service that has a shorter wait list than my GP's. So, fingers crossed.