Thread: My Photography

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They are stunning, I am quite envious! The clarity is amazing! I really want to do some night-time shots but not entirely sure where to go to do them around where I live.
    I got a shot of some snowdrops today, I was so happy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

Cameraman
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    They are stunning, I am quite envious! The clarity is amazing! I really want to do some night-time shots but not entirely sure where to go to do them around where I live.
    I got a shot of some snowdrops today, I was so happy
    You are so lucky in the location where you live in SE London, I wish I was down there, I can think of loads of places I would go for a shoot, the only problem I can forsee is having enough battery power to deal with shooting in around 6 - 8 hours of darkness. Each shot requires a long exposure usually around 15 - 30 seconds and sometimes more. I really wish I was there Rose, I would happily give you some help. Start local to you, are there any interesting buildings, churches or bridges that are lit up? Try shooting in shopping centres or capture light trails of traffic like the shots I have posted below.

[IMG]Gallowgate Street_ by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Ghost of Number 31 Bus by Brian McDiarmid Travelling, on Flickr[/IMG]

You should post some of your photos here and us all enjoy them with you.

Can I say a huge thanks to Suzi and yourself for the lovely compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
    You are so lucky in the location where you live in SE London, I wish I was down there, I can think of loads of places I would go for a shoot....
    You should post some of your photos here and us all enjoy them with you.
    It's more a safety issue. I have to be careful when I am out during the day with my camera, let alone at night.
    I haven't played with the exposure settings on my camera yet. I was given a book or two for Christmas about digital photography that I need to read.

My best photos are posted here: http://cee-fashion.co.uk/photography/photography.html
    As you can see I am a nature fan and I have three (mostly) obliging cats.