Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Why are you going out with people 20+ years older than you?
    I'm not going to tell you that "pills are the answer" because you know as well as I do that actually the only way you're going to get out of this is to force yourself up every morning, shower, get dressed, get out of your room and to do something - what about an online free course? What about a course near you? What about a college course? Something different?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Why are you going out with people 20+ years older than you?
    I'm not going to tell you that "pills are the answer" because you know as well as I do that actually the only way you're going to get out of this is to force yourself up every morning, shower, get dressed, get out of your room and to do something - what about an online free course? What about a course near you? What about a college course? Something different?
    It's the only meetup group that's in Bolton on the app. I'm looking forward to it as I don't go out at all so it'd be nice even for just a few hours. Funny enough, a few people I grew up with got in touch on facebook saying how it's been so long & they fancy a catch up. But I wouldn't feel comfortable at all because they all have amazing lives with a family and a beautiful wife or girlfriend.

What have I got to show?. Absolutely nothing. The question would inevitably pop up "so what have u been doin all these years, are u still in ur room a lot? do u have a girlfriend yet?". The answer to that would be "yes & I've been suffering with depression and I'm still a worrier as I've always been but I got into support work recently". I feel shame and it hurts even more to see others with significantly better lives than me. I missed out on the social and emotional development that most people have had throughout their teens & 20's. Oh & I received a job rejection today because I wasn't "clear in some of my examples". I'm going to sink again I just know it. Btw I hope I didn't come across as rude when I said pills ain't the answer. I intended it to be said in a jokingly sarcastic kind of way .