Thread: Loneliness *SU Trigger*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Walker extraordinaire!
    Have been very wiped today but have managed church this morning and this evening but had a 2hr nap in between.
    The thing with enjoying something as simple as having a meal with people is that it can cost so much for The next day and the day after etc.
    Learning what is worth the cost and what isn't is a big part of living with any chronic illness and I think I'm just beginning to understand that.
    Sometimes I get so frustrated at the things I haven't the energy or headspace for. I used to be such a whirlwind and a real force of nature. I saw nothing in my way and nothing was a task too big. Accepting that life is different now has been hard and tbh I'm not exactly sure I have accepted it fully. However in accepting that this is how it is now I also need to hope that it won't always be like this. It might never be what it was again but I need to hold on to the hope that it wont always be what it is now.
    I am learning to choose hope. The alternative is not that attractive.... I know I've been stuck there a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    I am learning to choose hope.
    *beams from ear to ear*
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-02-19)