Thread: Ketamine and "off label" medications

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Beetlebum
    Hi Suzi, thanks for the reply. I had CBT a few years ago but I did not find it helpful. I was told that no other talking therapies were available on the NHS (a sign of these enlightened times we live in). I can't afford to pay for counselling so that is not an option.

I failed to mention that I am diagnosed with ADD for which I am diagnosed Elvanse (Lisdexamfetamine). This does slightly improve my mood but only for a few hours.

I do believe my depression is at least partly due to a chemical imbalance so no amount of talking is ever going to alter that. And I have taken just about every major antidepressant on the market over a period of 30 years so I am reluctant try more of the same again.

Hi Paula and thank you for the reply. There are those of us who are believed to be resistant to conventional antidepressants. It is these people who were selected on recent trials for Ketamine as this was the main criteria for inclusion . I was declined because apparently I had not a full psychiatric assessment (whatever that is) prior to being seen.

Thank you Angie.

Thanks Mike. I think I have pretty much explored every avenue which is why I am looking at alternatives.
    Last edited by Suzi; 27-10-19 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please try not to double post! :)