Thread: First timer - questions about sertraline?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In my personal experience, therapy was useless at the beginning because I was so caught up in how I felt.
    The meds took the edge off in order for me to start thinking straighter again. Then I started doing some CBT on myself and went through NHS therapy which worked really well.
    Its really common to feel worried about taking a new medication. Remember that you will see horror stories online because people tend to talk more about the bad stuff than the bad stuff.
    Sertraline was the medication that I had the least side effects with. If you are worried about the dose then go back to the doctors. Have you taken your first dose yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Remember that you will see horror stories online because people tend to talk more about the bad stuff than the bad stuff.
    That should have said
    Remember that you will see horror stories online because people tend to talk more about the bad stuff than the GOOD stuff.

CharlieJackpot
    I took my first dose yesterday and have taken my second this morning. Feeling a bit less worried about it all today especially after reading your replies.

Things with my partner have become extremely complicated, and this is one of the main reasons I've finally sought help. We've been together nearly 5 years and in that time I have always had episodes of low moods, pushing him away, struggling to let myself feel close to him and the already mentioned low sex drive. I can also be very critical and when we argue I find it hard to control my emotions. He also finds it difficult that I cope with different aspects of my life by compartmentalisng, so for instance I would always rather see my friends without him, where he's much more of a 'we come as a package' kind of person.

Things came to a head in Feb this year and we ended up barely speaking apart from some pretty heated arguments for around 6 weeks. In this time he began to see someone else.

I couldn't even tell you where we're currently at. He's no longer seeing this person, however we both have reservations about our relationship continuing for obvious reasons. My trust in him has taken a huge knock and he doesn't think I will do anything to look at the way I've behaved in our relationship or deal with my depression.

No idea where things will go with us, but despite all of that I know that I really need to sort myself out for whatever comes next, and if this has been the catalyst for me finally admitting that there is something I need to sort out then at least I've found the silver lining!