Thread: Abuse **Triggers**

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    I hope that on good thing comes out of this Angie and that is people who have suffered not just sexual abuse but psychological and physical and financial abuse will be able to proudly speak about their experience without feeling like a victim.
    I think you've chosen the wrong word there PF. I don't proudly speak about my experiences at all. They are some of the most traumatic experiences I've had. I'm not proud of them, no one is proud of them. Most victims of these crimes feel deep shame. I know I do. And you know what? I am a victim. Speaking from my own experience, I had crimes commited against me. I am a victim of these crimes, just like someone who had their lights punched out would be a victim of assault. I rarely talk about it, even in the private sections I don't often talk about the abuse I've been put through.

What I should be proud of is living through my experiences and coming out the other side. Speaking about my experiences is incredibly hard and always will be, but I'm proud of being a survivor.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Angie (14-12-16),Paula (14-12-16),purplefan (14-12-16),S deleted (14-12-16),Suzi (14-12-16)