Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Then maybe you need to call the police. Get some help. Maybe even speak to your housing department if you are in danger?

Really? IF you are feeling like that genuinely then please get help. If not then STOP saying things flippantly. I will not ask you nicely again.
    When I say those things, that's hardly being flippant. I've felt dead inside for a long time, can't even remember the last time I felt emotion other than deep sadness. That's how long lasting my depression has been & it doesn't come & go, it's persistent. Sleep is the only relief I get from the mental suffering I've endured for years. Even getting help is expensive, I've been lookin up CBD oil as it's a natural anti-depressant without the awful side effects & withdrawals. I'm desperate for somethin natural to take the edge off that doesn't come with the I've experienced with AD's. I had another jobcentre appointment today but this whole sanction case is a mess. They're gonna book me in with someone who deals directly with the sanctions apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    What do you need to do to break this cycle? It feels like you are going round and round in circles. And when people give advice you give a thanks and nothing else.
    I thank everyone's post out of courtesy, that's nothing to do with not acknowledging anyone's advice. Trust me I read everyone's posts a few times over & always go back to them for encouragement. If I didn't leave a thanks then you'd probably think "why isn't he grateful for this advice". A thanks just lets people know I appreciate the advice. I know how busy people are so it means a lot. Going round & round in circles is the nature of depression. I know I'm hard work, I just find it difficult to break this cycle of being a recluse. If you was a serious recluse for as long as I've been would you find it so easy to change & break this cycle?. There's a lot of hypochondriacs like myself who can't seem to get over their insecurities .

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Has anyone spoken to the police?
    No but tbh the police should be rang on him as well because he's just as threatening as his alleged money chasers. Today he came upstairs & threatened me to hand over my mums phone. My mum told me to use it as its cheaper than landline as she's on a contract. Then he starts banging on my door saying "Oi give me that in phone now!". That's just an example of how controlling he is. When he has drugs or alcohol he's evil. I know I'm bone idle but I've never given my mum or anyone trouble.
    Last edited by SA89; 27-06-19 at 09:13 PM.

You’ve mentioned being a hypochondriac a few times so I’ve done a little research. This is the link to the NHS information on this debilitating condition https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/health-anxiety/ with info on symptoms that someone with hypochondria would have, and good ideas on how to help yourself recover from this. Perhaps your first step would be to get a diagnosis from a doctor and then ask for help in dealing with it. Like other chronic health conditions, recovery starts from oneself.

As to your remarks to Mira, you were out of order. You obviously have no idea what struggles he has, no caring person would have made those comments otherwise. For 5 years now you come back to DWD regularly with exactly the same complaints and issues yet you refuse to help yourself - sometimes, yes, you start doing something but as soon as there’s a bump in the road you back out and blame everyone but yourself for it going wrong. Mira, on the other hand, works hard every single day to try to beat the conditions he has to deal with. And he does that while also showing a huge amount of empathy and care to every other member of this forum. And he never complains. In my opinion, you owe him an apology.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (27-06-19),selena (06-07-19),Suzi (27-06-19)