Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    There's 1 in town but its closed. My appointment with jobcentre has been put forward to next week. I usually get hardship which is over 150 a month which goes to my mum but can't even get that caus I recieved a payment from training last month. They're liable to be reported for this because they told me the sanction had ended & I should expect the full amount of Universal Credit. Now all of a sudden they tell me this? wtf. Imagine if this was to tip me over the edge considering my fragile mental health. It'd be not too dissimilar to the Jeremy Kyle case that's been in the media recently ..
    I know you're upset, but please can you stop talking about being "tipped over the edge" as there have been quite enough cases.... What about finding out who your local counsellor or MP is and asking them for help?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I know you're upset, but please can you stop talking about being "tipped over the edge" as there have been quite enough cases.... What about finding out who your local counsellor or MP is and asking them for help?
    I've just come off the phone to the samaritans, something like this really triggers me into that downward spiral of despair so I don't say that lightly. On top of that my brothers being playing up again, being disrespectful to my mum. Today I've felt like a boiling pot of emotions with my anxiety. The samaritan was really lovely & the best chat I've ever had with them.

She was understanding & constructive unlike my 1st experience calling them when I was abruptly cut off. I told her literally everything that I've mentioned on here. That call has reallly encouraged me to call them more often, especially when I'm in distress. It definitely helped calm me down a bit as its good to talk openly. It's also encouraged me to volunteer myself as a samaritan & I have an interview next month to discuss that . I could look into the CAB support & a counsellor perhaps.