Thread: Joshua, The Overcomer *SU TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ahhh finally, hello Josh. It sounds like you have managed to get your life back on track with the right medical support in place. Depression isn’t just a state of mind, it is a chemical imbalance and the “negative mindset” is a symptom of the illness. Yes I agree that taking positive steps on the road to recovery have to come from the individual but you also have to have the right support to take those steps. People here are all in different situations and at different stages of recovery. For some it is a lifetime condition which is managed by medication. We all need to be mindful of this. Treatment for the illness is not a one size fits all solution and needs to be tailored to the individual. Telling someone to just be positive and you’ll be fixed isn’t helpful. It’s a bit like telling someone with a broken leg to ignore pain and walk it off.

Prycejosh1987
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Ahhh finally, hello Josh. It sounds like you have managed to get your life back on track with the right medical support in place. Depression isn’t just a state of mind, it is a chemical imbalance and the “negative mindset” is a symptom of the illness. Yes I agree that taking positive steps on the road to recovery have to come from the individual but you also have to have the right support to take those steps. People here are all in different situations and at different stages of recovery. For some it is a lifetime condition which is managed by medication. We all need to be mindful of this. Treatment for the illness is not a one size fits all solution and needs to be tailored to the individual. Telling someone to just be positive and you’ll be fixed isn’t helpful. It’s a bit like telling someone with a broken leg to ignore pain and walk it off.
    I agree. You also agreed technically with what i said when i call it a mindset. Practically medication works, but that alone helps you to just cope with the issue, it cant be overcome until the person adjusts their mentality too.
    Its like running a marathon. What do you do to prepare for it. You train yourself mentally and adjust focus to believing you can win the race. On that mentality you work on the physical, but the real battle is mental. The person could be fit as Usain Bolt and have his speed, but if the person doesnt believe they could win the race or has the "depressed mindset" the person would not win the race. Success is a race with a time limit, the time limit can vary but so can the distance, that would depend on us personally. I am referring to both your "question" on 'depression' and also as a general problems that we would face in life.