Thread: First timer - questions about sertraline?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    With depression, a combined approach of meds and therapy is normal. As Rose says, the ADs give you some breathing space to start talking through how you feel, and how you can change the way you think. You'll probably find you'll have enough time for the ADs to start doing their job before you get your therapy appt.

Wrt your oh, are the problems you're having because of the depression, or are they part of the trigger? A good resource to talk to family and friends is www.time-to-change.org.uk
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

CharlieJackpot
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Wrt your oh, are the problems you're having because of the depression, or are they part of the trigger?
    Sorry to post again but in answer to this; I think it's been a bit of both. There are definitely major problems that have been caused by the depression, but these problems have in turn created a situation which triggers my depression even more. For example, when I've made him feel unloved or unattractive, or made it clear that I don't want to be around him, he feels low and so stops helping around the house. This then triggers my moods because I can't cope with dirt when I'm feeling low.

At the moment we've both taken a step back from the relationship, although we're still in contact and have come to something of an understanding. I'm staying weekends with my parents, and when we're both in the house we are able to at least talk to each other again.

I sincerely hope getting the right treatment for your depression will help you to understand where you are in your relationship. I've been with my husband for 16 years, and I too push him away when I'm low. Fortunately he knows it's the illness and just keeps loving me anyway, but it's taken a lot of effort to keep us together. Doing what you're doing is a very common symptom of depression
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.