Thread: The Black Sheep

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It’s been a tough time. I know it’s nobody’s fault but the forum being down so frequently has been a real struggle for me. I can’t quite put it into words but I’ve felt so lost and the forum not being available has been a huge letdown.

Today was my aunts funeral. She was 94. The attendance was low but I suppose that’s what happens when you out live most of the people you know. Only 22 attended which considering the size of our family was very disappointing. There was a family wedding last weekend, and another coming up this weekend, neither of which I was invited to, which is fine by me because it saves making an excuse for why I couldn’t go.

It’s Eurovision week which makes me think about Suzi. I miss are banter about the acts and the whole spectacle that is Eurovish. I really do miss her so much. So many things just aren’t the same without her, and it’s not just her. So many other people I felt close to who are no longer in my life, I can’t help but think about them and how my life is worse without them.

I’ve had a ridiculously busy week so far travelling all over. I took myself to Liverpool as a birthday treat to myself to watch the football. I met a mates family while there which was nice as he’s always talking about them. Then I was on puppy sitting duty Sunday followed by taking my nephew and his family to Butlins in Bognor Regis. I camped overnight with the puppy (Talia stayed with my sister) in a muddy campsite before driving home the next day. Roxie got into the bins making a complete mess of the house and ripped over a bag on Talia’s dog food and ate all of that! That led to her having an upset stomach and crapping everywhere when we were in Hobbycraft. My one day of rest was anything but restful.

I’m now lay in bed with the fan on cuddled up with Talia while the puppy does whatever cos I really don’t have the energy to deal with her right now. Tomorrow I’ll be back on the road again for approx. 8hrs to Bognor and back cos my sister volunteers me to do all the things she cba to do. Apparently they are staying at her house for the weekend so I get to keep the puppy til Sunday morning when I will be driving to Wembley for the Cup Final. Another long day and as excited as I am to be there I’m also looking forward to it being over. It’s all very nice my nephew and his family getting a holiday but it’s been manic for me between all the travelling and having the puppy. I need a break after this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (09-05-24)