We put up a good fight in the first round but lost 4-2, next game went down 4-0. Ended up going back to our home venue for a few more drinks and birthday cake. It was a fun night.

Yesterday it was a friends PIP tribunal. I had tried to help her throughout the process the way others have helped me in the past. Another of our friends from the darts team came along for moral support too. Obviously the hearing is never a nice thing to go through but we’ve did it together. Told us the decision would be in post and thankfully it arrived this morning, she has been awarded the daily living component back paid for a year. I’m really happy for her and I know the money will make a big difference to her.

Afterward we went to see the other friends horses. I’m really not a horsey kind of person but the other two and it was just nice to see them in their element. It was a lovely day and the views from the yard were gorgeous. It was just really chilled. Them we heading back to enjoy a carvery for lunch. To give you an idea of just how nice they are, T saw a person eating alone and invited them over to sit with us. A complete stranger but didn’t like the idea of them eating alone. I would never have thought to make that offer. Halfway through the meal I just blurted out just how much those meant to me and how grateful I was to be spending time with them. Of course they made a joke about me still being drunk from the night before and laughed it off but I was being deadly serious.

Sometimes people come into your life and makes it better. Makes you a better person for knowing them. We all know someone like that here. Of course Suzi touched all of us here but she isn’t the only one. I’ve been lucky enough to meet several of the staff here, past and present, and and everyone has a quality that makes you want to know them better, to many them to be a part of your life because they make it better and I thank you all.