Thread: Saying goodbye

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suzi was the most incredible person I ever had the honour of meeting. There simply aren’t the words to fully describe just how special she was. It’s not an exaggeration to say that she changed my life. I loved that woman so much.

I’ve been thinking about her and some of the stories she shares. Especially the time she made Marc a fish finger curry. That always made me laugh. She could’ve lived too a hundred and still not convinced me that sprout lasagne was something I had to try.

She had some hard times earlier in her life and where some would’ve gone off the rails she did the opposite. She channeled her energy into good, helping people around the world and literally saving lives. She was a real life superhero or as she put it, “I’m just Suzi sitting on my sofa”. Always downplaying the good that she did.

She introduced me to the musical Rent and I was hooked. We had a lot in common where music was involved, both having eclectic tastes and willing to give anything a listen. Her movie chooses left a lot to be desired. I’m scarred for life after being subjected to Swiss Army Man and VelocoPastor.

I have so many memories of Suzi, and guess that makes me really lucky. I still have Christmas Gift in the house for her that I never got round to sending and now she’ll never get them. I may have screwed up our friendship but I was always grateful for having her in my live and appreciated everything she ever did for me. The past 6 months have been so difficult not hearing that cheery little “allo love” when she answered the phone. Just hearing her voice was enough to brighten any day and now I will never hear it again.

I could go on forever about how special Suzi was and how privileged I am to have been alive on this rock at the same time as her. She will forever live in my heart.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SJW180 For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (25-04-23),magie06 (22-04-23),Paula (22-04-23),selena (23-04-23)