I've always associated saplings with baby trees.....but the word 'cuttings' is what is usually used in the UK when you take a cutting from a larger plant, stick it in some water until roots appear then plant it in a small pot of it's own to mature. I'm not very green fingered I'm afraid sissy! I can understand Le Dude not enjoying his drinking anymore we call it 'you can't live with it, but you can't live without it.!
Withdrawals from booze is horrible and frightening so we have to drink to get rid of the shakes and sweats and rapid heart beat. I really feel for him. He's trying. You're right when you say that Antabuse isn't the solution..it doesn't get rid of the problem, it just scares you into stopping because the consequences of drinking while taking it can be life threatening. It's all a nightmare of a roller coaster that you can't get off. But I'm pleased that you have a job...it may be busy but sometimes it's a good thing..you'll soon get the hang of it. Lots of luck with it and hugs for you and Le Dude.xx