Thread: Chemical imbalance or not??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah if unsure on this topic. I’ve always looked for the logic behind depression, trying to figure out the reason for feeling the way I do and with my chaotic life I usually succeed but then there are the times when life is good, things are actually going my way and still I feel down and not being able to find a reason for it makes me feel worse is I know it’s something I have no control over and no matter how hard I fight this “illness” right there trying to knock me down and I hate it. There are of course emotional triggers which affect me, and I can’t change how I feel but there is so much more to depression than feeling sad which is why “cheer up, it might not happen” makes me want to punch the idiot who said it.

A few years ago I got a letter from a GP stating that in his opinion I would struggle with “periods of depression for life”. That was crushing to hear because I was so determined to beat this. More recently, due to another diagnosis I received, a different GP wanted to take me off my meds because he believed that my issues were now something that couldn’t be medicated so I shouldn’t need them. I don’t thing the doctors really know so I don’t stand a chance.
    Last edited by Stella180; 03-06-21 at 01:08 PM.