I'm no fan of Boris and his cronies, and I think things could and should have been handled much better from the outstart. We had 2 weeks warning as to what was coming when we could have protected ourselves - we're an island. If all borders had been shut then we could have had a much better state - look at New Zealand. They shut everything and it was controlled with a seriously harsh lockdown. They then reopened their borders and they let in someone from here and it started again, but it was contained quickly and sorted.
The changing of the rules between our countries squabbling and using it as a political football is ridiculous. It's simple, the scientists tell you to shut everything, lock everything then that's what you do, you don't carry on allowing friends and family to travel wherever they like, order rubbish ppe from your mates company and put another mate in charge of the test and trace app that is not exactly effective....

Yes Christmas being made more difficult is hard on everyone, harder on those in tier 4 who had plans to meet up with family. I, luckily had already made the decision I wasn't travelling to see my family and didn't want them here as we are so close to London. But I'm still sad, but it's the safest thing to do. Right now, that's what I have to hold on to - it being the safest thing. Marc and Hazel and I all have autoimmune conditions, Fern is allergic to so much so for me the fear is real. With my shopping list of diagnosis I fall in the high risk category, but I know if my Mum catches it with severe asthma and a heart condition that she has already outlived the prognosis for I am not going to be the one to give it to her. It is that simple.