Thanks for all your responses as always - very kind of you to take the time to respond to me.

My GP says that the Venlafaxine dosage can be increased at two week intervals. I am terrified to increase it further as the tiredness and fatigue has gotten noticeably worse with every increase. 225 mg is potentially a treatment dosage so I would like to give it a proper chance.

I will be honest - I turn 34 on Christmas Day (great timing to be born!) and have never had a proper girlfriend and not been on a date for 6 and a half years (she did not want to see me again). I don't know how I could explain my lack of history to a potential partner. I do not have fantastic social skills and I do wonder if I have autism (this has been mentioned to me three times by different medical personnel) but I do have some good friends and do not struggle to get on with people but I do worry about making an impression on a date.

I know I need to try and focus on the future and stop worrying about past regrets.

The thing that makes me feel pathetic is I have many good things in my life - a decent job which I quite enjoy for a major public sector organisation which is quite secure, I am comfortable financially, a good set of friends, my Mum loves me dearly and always supports me. Many people have nothing like this and yet are fine.