Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
You're really looking forward to seeing them then! When do they arrive? How long are they down for?
Of course I'm looking forward to seeing them! You sound as if I'm doubting it!....They fly down on Monday and go back on Friday, sanitized and masked to the hilt! I doubt we'll be going anywhere. If we go over to the pub for a meal, all of their tables are well distanced. Can't wait to hug all of them. Little Jen has grown a bit and Dan is 6'1 1/2' so he'll have to duck in the house. No expensed spared as God only knows when we'll see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
I was wondering about those sweaters, because they could also rub the remaining feathers and wear them down. But then again, I know some ladies put those sweaters on their Girls only for the nigt. Chickens night gowns sound actually pretty awesome, don't you think? They don't get wet during the night in coop, when they actually are most likely to be cold. Also they don't rub much either while they sleep. But even if you choose not to dress them up for night, nobody can keep you from making sweaters and get cute photos for christmas cards!
I don't think I'll be knitting them sweaters sissy but Ian is thinking of insulating the inside of the coop. The neighbours already think I'm bonkers as it is!! By the way...an update.....all 4 of them share a large bowl of warm porridge in the mornings as soon as they come out of their coop!!...they love it...then it's mince at about midday.....more corn and pellets...then at 3pm it's ham and some potato peelings....then at teatime they have some scattered corn and sunflower seeds.... so I'm working on the November menu at the moment!!