Page 42 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it gonna be my turn?

I spend most of my life either in bed or lay on the sofa watching on Netflix. I really don’t do a lot cos that would involve having a life, I’m regularly told to get one but not found any online sellers as of yet. If you saw the state of my home you would understand where I’m coming from. I don’t try to compare myself to others because we’re all different. I can only say what kind of life I wanna live and it’s not happening. Their are many reasons for that, and a lot of them are out of my control but I can look to myself for ways to improve my situation and I’m not exactly doing a great job of looking after myself and my home. That is a fact! I need to do more, I don’t have any other choice.

Then maybe set yourself achievable goals? Little by little?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

That is what I’m doing! I just happened to mention that I had a bit of a lazy day today and I got told off for it.

But I think it's because you called it being "lazy" when it is in fact more to do with pacing.... And you aren't setting little goals, your goal is to sort the whole house all at once...

And it’s also about your perception of what you’re doing - calling yourself lazy, saying you ‘need to do more’ and that you’re ‘not doing a great job’. You’re constantly beating yourself up, which isn’t healthy.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Ok, whatever.

you sound like Jess !
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree Paula, Stella sounds like a young teenager
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Mock me if it makes you feel better.

I don't think anyone's mocking you. We're all coming from a place of love and wanting to help you to see that you don't have to be perfect in your eyes to be doing really well x