Thread: Depression, loneliness & excessive worry*SH Trigs*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SA89
    I went to a quiz night again with the meetup tonight then we had a card game afterwards which was fun. But when I got home I broke down crying in front of my mum caus we had a deep conversation about why I feel so low . She encouraged me to open up caus she's aware that suicide is the biggest killer in men under 40. I told her I think my depression is dysthymia as it's persistent & doesn't come & go in episodes. She's noticed how I've been highly irritable because of my brother & the smoking. She agreed to keep the smoke downstairs & at night smoke out the window so that's something I guess. The chat led to conversation about our family history which as nice. My mum knows I can only open up like this when it's just me & her & no ones's around due to the stigma of mental health.

The other day I had a really positive interview about volunteering as a youth worker. The 2 women told me I'm really interesting because of the work I've done with autism & how I articulate myself. I don't think I have dyspraxia btw as my symptoms only relate to tieing knots. And you seem a lot like me Jacquaia in regards to how you keep yourself to yourself. I personally have an aversion to loudmouth personality types. My estate is sadly full of those people, that's why this meetup group is a breath of fresh air. It serves as an escapism for me ..
    Last edited by SA89; 01-06-19 at 03:22 AM.