Thread: In a dark place...Again *AB TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofpurple View Post
    I’m not religious so no church for me. I don’t have many friends due to what I mentioned in my main post...
    I do work, yes.

My Mum doesn’t live near me; there are 26 miles between us
    I had to move away after everything that happened, I just couldn’t deal with being there. I’m not bringing up my kids alone; I do have their father. We are together (again, after recently taking some time apart. Nothing happened exactly, we just weren’t communicating very well but we are working on it now), so I am not alone in that sense.
    I’ve been ill enough in the past to need hospitalising in a psychiatric hospital. My kids at the time were 7 and 3. But there was never any suggestion of SS being involved and my psychiatrist made it very clear to me that she never thought my kids were at risk, especially as I had a very supportive husband. Just because you have depression, lovely, does not mean your children are at risk or that SS will get involved.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-05-19)