Thread: Positive Thought for the Day

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drew
    Hello All, Just a quick update to my journey of dealing with depression. My new home is still keeping me busy and this week I’ve also had two outings with the local dining group, a quiz night and an Italian meal. The group have been so welcoming and supportive I’m sorry I didn’t find them sooner. I can recommend the MeetUp app and website. There are lots of groups out there and there’s likely to be one to suit you.

I’m feeling better than I have for many years and I’m looking forward to the future far more than brooding on the past. I think the positive thoughts of the day really helped me. At first the negatives outweighed the positives but with the support of DWD I began to realise I was making progress. I was in the darkest of places when my meltdown happened and I didn’t want a future. With the help of my local Crisis Team, my doctor, my friends, family and DWD I continue to move forward. My depression hasn’t been cured and I still get the occasional negative mood but I now find it easier to deal with than when I was without hope.

If there is one thing I have learned in my journey it is to accept all the help you can get. I used to think I could do it by myself and that’s why I kept on failing. In my case opening up and being honest with my doctor was the most important first step.

Keep on fighting, you’re worth the effort.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drew For This Useful Post:

magie06 (31-08-18),Suzi (31-08-18)