I'm sorry for making everyone worry.
It's not because of work; my GP centre is only open Monday to Friday and all of the doctors in there follow that working pattern.
I rang the out of hours doctor and they made an appointment for earlier this afternoon.

When I went, he said what happened at the hospital shouldn't have happened. He asked if I needed more time off work, but I explained about what's going on with the formal capability procedure and that I increase the risk of losing my job if I have any more time off.
He then suggested that, if my job is causing me this much of a problem I should look for work elsewhere, which I have been doing since October 2017.
He also recommended that I increase the dose of my beta blockers. I can't get to a pharmacy today as it's Sunday and they're all closed, but I do have enough from my last prescription to take twice as many in each dose, but that still doesn't solve the work issue.

I do have another appointment with my GP booked for the 6th of August, when she's due back from her holiday.

I wonder, if the management are that committed to getting rid of me, could I take legal action against them for the medical issues their behaviour towards me has caused?

I just feel like nobody wants to employ me and when all is said and done, I'm going to lose my house and end up in an even worse situation.