There's no one here at lunch time; everyone's either at work or school, unless it's the weekend.
I think some of why I take so long is from my inability to concentrate on the task at hand.

My GP has recommended that I take 2 weeks off and has prescribed me some propranolol tablets, which I understand are in a different family of medicines from the sertraline I was on before. I'll see what happens with them.

Work just got out of control today. 3 hours trying and failing to get an appliance working, then replacing it with a spare which won't work with the equipment around it without replacing a certain cable. Now this cable is exposed because I can't open the trunking in the wall (I have neither the tools nor the training), but it's been positioned quite neatly along the top of the trunking and is neither a tripping nor strangulation hazard.
The room is in working order, but one person (who isn't based in that room) has taken exception to this and insists that the original cable be used. A cable which I believe is faulty. A more experienced engineer than I has looked at it and he agrees that the cable is faulty.
But because this one man won't accept that, my manager wants it repaired.

Additionally, my manager has recommended that I refuse to do any work which has not been electronically registered. Emails have gone out requesting that all faults and service requests are logged on the system before I'm contacted, but there are people who still ask me to do things without logging them.
I've been saying I'll do the work on the condition that the requests are logged, but 9 times out of 10 I end up logging them myself.
So my manager wants me to refuse. This WILL cause complaints, especially if I refuse a requests from anyone in management. And I'm compelled to treat everyone equally or be accused of favouritism or brown nosing.

So I don't know weather I should obey my manager and let my colleagues down, which will result in me failing my competency procedure, or disobey my manager to avoid complaints and end up failing because I didn't follow instructions.