Thread: New to the forum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT67 View Post
    I find that getting lost in the music makes me feel a whole lot better
    I can totally relate to this. Being submerged in music is the best possible way to get through but I also know that even with the passion I have for music there are times when I simply can’t tolerate it and it seems like nothing but noise. Depression does that, saps all the joy out of everything and leaves you feeling empty inside to the point where life seems pointless and you just can’t function. One of things that helps me to keep going is medication. It doesn’t cure me and it took many years and different meds til I found a combo that worked for me. I still have bad days but it allows me to function on a daily basis but meds on there own aren’t the answer. I’ve tried CBT, counselling, confidence courses, support groups etc. Not everything works for everyone but I found that parts of these things were helpful and put them into my toolbox for future use to get me through. My advice is not to limit yourself to what treatments you go for. Try everything, maybe more that once cos eventually things will start to click into place and you can develop your own way of coping with the various tools you picked up along the way.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Paula (26-02-18),Suzi (23-02-18)