Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry for my slow reply, I saw your post earlier when I was on my phone and I wanted to give it a proper answer when I got to my laptop.

As Suzi suggested, can you take a course in maths? Or do you know anyone who could help you study? I have taught maths before and usually the biggest barrier to learning is the person saying 'I am not good at maths, I never understood it at school and I don't now.'
    The truth is, we use a lot of GCSE level maths in our every day lives, it's just not obvious that is what we are doing. I wish I could help you, I do feel quite passionately that people could be better at maths if only they had the help they need. And many employers need a good level of maths so it's worth improving your skills.

Re job rejections, the thing is, there is only one job and several candidtaes. And often a rejection is not a personal slight on you, it just means that there was a person who better fitted the role. Sometimes I look at jobs and think they are just perfect for me, then I don't even get an invite to interview which is so confusing, but I have learnt that it's just how life goes.
    I am also trying to find a job at the moment and it's really hard, you can check out my thread in over18s which chronicles the highs and lows of my journey.

I know that the process can be soul-destroying, and I understand why you feel hopeless, but you have to dust yourself off and keep trying.

You once said you love writing, have you ever thought about writing for a living? You could try writing a novel, or try to get some freelance writing work?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post: