Thread: Making / maintaining friendships

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike, your post is so sad. I wish you lived nearer. I know it's not the same, but I'd like to be a friend - if you'd have me?

It's quite a joke actually that I'll speak to anyone - a trait I inherited from my Dad who was about the most awesome person to ever have lived esp when it came to being social! He was loud, he was "in your face" and the headmistress and deputy of my very well to do private girls school had never met anyone like my Dad. He'd talk to anyone, believe that he was no better or worse than anyone else and he had a really strong faith. He very proudly went up to my head teacher grasping her in a very tight bear hug with "Alright my love?" and then proceeded to take over the duty of traffic duty and had great pleasure in doing it whilst all the Lords and Ladies, Aston Martin, Merc etc were directed by him. My Mum hated it!
    Sorry, I digress!
    I will talk to anyone, I don't have a great deal of friends - and most of the ones I have as my close friends I met online! My best friend who I can call any time of any day I met online and she lives in Wales. I love her to bits. She has depression and doesn't think highly of herself at all, but she should because she's amazing. I know that any time I need her, she'll be here. The same with when our middle one went on a school residential in Wales she was put down as one of her emergency contacts because I know that she'd treat my babies the same way I would. I've had her daughter to stay and she's just like her Mum which is nothing short of the best compliment in the world. Our friendship started by me being a bossy so and so and checking up on her that she'd taken her meds lol
    I have other people who I went to school with, but I'm a very different person than who I was then..
    Others I've made as friends/acquaintances through school runs, playgroups etc...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (18-01-16)