Thread: Sissies united

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So sorry to hear that he's back on the bottle. Sadly, stopping has to be what he wants and only him. I can understand you wanting to leave, for YOUR mental well being and the kids' too. I'm pleased that he has medical support. If you leave then the drinking may get worse before it gets better itms. But you must consider your life too. I really hope he can get things together, and more importantly, that he has to understand that he just get away with one beer, one vodka etc...it just does not work!! Any chance he can spend a few months in rehab that involves the Twelve Step Programme? Even if it is a long way away. It may cost quite a bit where you are...I don't know anything about your health system....but it will be money well spent. No contact with family for 6 weeks or so which will give you and the children a break too. Long term sobriety is a way of life and the changes and sacrifices needed to stay that way. I do hope he finds a way. Personally Sissy..the odd visit to a clinic, the Dr or a nurse just isn't going to work...wish you were here, I could do so much more for you. Good luck sweetie.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

OldMike (09-07-21),Suzi (07-07-21)