Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mira please don't leave DWD, leaving DWD won't make you suddenly start having phone calls it'll just isolate you more.

You keep saying you're messed up, that applies to us all to some degree, I've had periods when I've totally isolated myself from everyone and at times I've hardly left the house because I've been so scared to go outside, now I do go out for lunches with my sis as well as lunches out alone, once a week I go to a local over 60's lunch club and I also play bridge once a week, so things can change, but isolating yourself is not the answer.

You come across as a really intelligent guy, with a nice caring attitude.

Interacting with people face to face maybe better than chatting online, but chatting on places like this forum is far more beneficial than isolating yourself.

Edit: Just spotted this post by Paula so thought I'd reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Unfortunately, people get caught up with their day to day lives and often don’t make the calls they should. It’s not intentional and it’s not on purpose, time just gets away from us all. I realised earlier today that I haven’t spoken to my brother for almost 2 months - it’s not on purpose or because there’s a problem, it’s just life ....
    For many years I only used to only see my sister once a year before Christmas, because I'd isolated myself so much, what good did that do, nothing it just made me more lonely than ever, fortunately she didn't give up on me and we've ended up having our regular Tuesday lunches
    Last edited by OldMike; 20-03-19 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added a quote and my response to it.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-03-19),Jaquaia (21-03-19),Paula (21-03-19),Suzi (21-03-19)