Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Have you thought of going to your housing association and asking to be rehomed due to domestic violence?
It's not domestic violence, its more verbal threats when he's had a drink. He drinks on the weekends, sometimes he's out the house which is a relief. Without a drink he doesn't threaten anyone but still unpleasant. There's always a vibe around him that makes me uncomfortable because he's a controlling person.

Living with him most of my life has definitely been a factor in my mental state. He potrays a masculine, thug-like image & I'm completely the opposite. I think he see's me as a threat in a way as I can articulate myself well.
Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Oh hunni, I’m sorry, there was a glimmer of hope not so long ago . But congrats on your job, I hope the shifts become regular
The shifts are delivered on a 1st come 1st serve basis. They vary from around the north west, with stockport being the most in demand. That's quite far from me but I know I need to learn the train/bus route otherwise I'll be short of work. I've been up there several times to complete my training & worked out the travel all by myself (even used google maps to direct me at times!). I'm just worried about getting home if I'm on a late shift.