Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think you could do with a new social circle and maybe you are going to the wrong clubs. Years ago when I used to go out clubbing I would go to more alternative places, there are lots of people there really just for the music and the dancing and to make friends.. sometimes there are not such the 'meat market' of the pop clubs.. if you know what I mean. You might meet other people through volunteer work too. It sounds like you did your best not to take advantage of your brother's ex. That can't have been easy if you are so lonely. Maybe you could investigate hobbies, clubs, sports or something that is more in the daytime where you would meet people without having to get drunk? If you can build a social circle with more positive people around you for friends in the first place, the girlfriend finding will happen automatically one day without you having to focus on it.

I hope it isn't easy though. Building new friendships takes a long time and it is hard when you are already depressed to get up the enthusiasm and selfconfidence to try it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post: