Thread: Reducing venalfaxine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reducing venalfaxine

So my physc agreed I can drop the dose a little since I have been stable now for around 2 year. I was on 225mg venalfaxine xl and now reducing it by 37.5mg. I am trying so so so hard to push this horrible withdrawal symptoms to the side but omg it's hard and I haven't felt this crap for ages. It's only day 3 since I started the reduction in dose and I feel like somebody is squeezing my head in to cause this masive headache. My bowls aren't great (enough information from that). I feel dizzy and nauseous but I am drinking loads of water and managing to eat. I am hoping I can manage these symptoms and they don't get worse because I can't cope with it any worse and I don't want to go back to higher dosage. I am not coming off the tablets but just reducing strength because I don't like the side effects and want to see if I can manage on a lower strength. I have been on venalfaxine for four year (other ads before that) and it's probably been around 3 years on 225mg. The maximum dosage previous was 375mg. Now I need to focus. Stay positive and keep reminding myself that any side effects I am getting now is withdrawal and it will get better. Today I have felt so miserable and withdrawn. I asked my boss if could leave work early and I did. Told her I wasnt feeling well but didn't tell her reason. I said if I am not better I won't be in tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to cope for the next few days of these horrible side effects/ withdrawal feelings.
    Last edited by shine; 10-09-15 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes