Page 87 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    Who were the people who invited you out last night?
    It was my brothers girlfriends 18th, I went with my cousin. My mum pushed me to get out & I turned out to be the life & soul of the place . I don't want to have to rely on drink to make me feel good though. Is it possible to be in a consistently good place in ur mind?. All I ever feel is consistent despair.

I'm not surprised you are feeling bad today. That's an awful lot of mixing!!
    You need to find a way to compromise.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Being sick ten times is not good though.... but I am glad you had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I don't want to have to rely on drink to make me feel good though. Is it possible to be in a consistently good place in ur mind?. All I ever feel is consistent despair.
    Nope, not even for people who don't have depression. But the adage 'fake it til you make it' is my mantra. Pushing yourself to challenge your own perceptions of yourself can help you achieve what you need in your life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

SA89
    College just told me that its £360 to do a Counseling Level 2 & then Level 3 is £3,000+ & Level 4 is £4,000+!. Its fixed even if ur on benefits. I give up with this life seriously.. On top of that I've recieved more job rejections via email yet again. My heart is racing so much right now because I'm so anxious to face this future-less future..

Are there not such things as Student Loans still?

SA89
    Are there not such things as Student Loans still?
    I'd rather not get in debt for what is merely a passive interest, I'd rather just be dead right now tbh. My depression & social anxiety is in killin me. My mind is troubled with deep insecurities. It feels like i'm the only person suffering with this relentless battle with depression & anxiety. I'm too stubborn to go back on pills. Nothing can heal me, ever.

If you want to study and get a degree-level qualification then those prices are typical these days, and once you start working the loan comes off your salary and you barely notice it. You are only 26 (?) but you need to start making choices. If you do nothing, nothing will change.

Why don't you want to go on medication?
    What about speaking to someone like the OU? Although I think that being involved with people in a college situation would be good for you - but it's another way of thinking?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    If you want to study and get a degree-level qualification then those prices are typical these days, and once you start working the loan comes off your salary and you barely notice it. You are only 26 (?) but you need to start making choices. If you do nothing, nothing will change.
    Ye thats true, I'm just really scared to commit to something I'm not 100% on. I'd be so anxious of failing & lumbered with debt with nothing to show for it. I'm ridiculously indecisive, even in a sweet shop. This ties in with how anxious I am & constantly worrying about the future. I've always been like this & drive people mad with this mentality. And Suzi I want to prove that I can better myself without relying on drugs.