Page 82 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

I completely agree with Paula..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Having a healthy lifestyle does help, of course, but, no, I don't believe it's the answer to depression - the illness is far more complicated than that
    Can it be beaten without 'spirituality' & by eatin junk do u reckon (with the occassional fruit). I ask because I assume most depression sufferers lead an unbalanced lifestyle hence why we're actively encouraged to change it

I think eating healthily, and getting some exercise helps though it is certainly not the complete answer.

As far as spirituality goes that can be a great support, but you can still get through it without being religious.

That being said you must respect others beliefs.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

April_is_beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I've heard people say that u need to be spiritual & have a plant based diet to get u through this. I'm not religious, I don't meditate & I eat junk like most people (but I also eat fruit). Is a typical lifestyle sufficient to get u through it I wonder
    A good diet and exercise does help, I had both of those until the end of October until the SAD kicked in. I'm reading a book called the Human Givens in which it states "But the search for answers is, we are suggesting, part of which truly being human is about. We feel that the important human given - the need for meaning - turns self-destructive if not given a positive focus."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to April_is_beautiful For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by April_is_beautiful View Post
    A good diet and exercise does help, I had both of those until the end of October until the SAD kicked in. I'm reading a book called the Human Givens in which it states "But the search for answers is, we are suggesting, part of which truly being human is about. We feel that the important human given - the need for meaning - turns self-destructive if not given a positive focus."
    The shortest day is 21/22 December depending where you look on the web so for us SAD sufferers things should start on the up from now on. From experience it's February before I'll notice any significant change.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (21-12-15)

SA89
    Well Christmas for me was spent around the table with my brother making comments how lazy I am etc etc. God I despise him so much. He gets away with being vile by doing stuff for my mum around the house. That kinda gives him a free pass to acting like a thug & asking for weed money.. The day was topped off by rushing the little yorkie to the vet due to a collapsed trachea. Its been coughing for weeks now so has to stay in overnight..

I may be speaking out turn but that brother of yours sounds like a total waste of space asking for money for weed and acting like a thug.

Hope your yorkie soon gets better.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Hope your dog gets better soon.

Have you thought about doing more around your house so your brother doesn't get that?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

I think doing more around the house would be a good idea. Also, take the dog for walks, it will get you out and about and meeting people! I hope the dog gets well soon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rose For This Useful Post:

SA89
    Thanks guys, my dogs got heart disease apparently so its been put on steroids. I came home from work & broke down when I saw it. It looks so weak with its blue bandage from anesthetic. Its 11 years old so its not ancient. My familys really upset because Its breathing from its stomach & might not last much longer..