Page 29 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
    50mg is the starting dose for Sertraline. I think you need to make an appointment with the doctor asap. Don't wait until after Christmas.
    And what say?. He'll just say give them more time which I already know 'caus 2 wks is nothin. I've seen the doctor enough times, its serious confidence issues I struggle with & only I can do anythin about that by workin on my insecurities. If there was a magic pill for loneliness there'd be a way out but there isn't so I've no choice but to resolve this suffering myself .

Have you thought about changing the GP? Thats something I need to do because mine one is useless. You are right, at then end no one but yourself can help you. Mpst of the post about wanting to commit suicide are written by people feeling lonely. There is no cure for this. Just the presence of another person will not take this feeling away, might be temporary, but in my experience it will come back unless you are happy with yourself.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samantha340 For This Useful Post:

magie06 (06-12-14)

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha340 View Post
    Have you thought about changing the GP? Thats something I need to do because mine one is useless. You are right, at then end no one but yourself can help you. Mpst of the post about wanting to commit suicide are written by people feeling lonely. There is no cure for this. Just the presence of another person will not take this feeling away, might be temporary, but in my experience it will come back unless you are happy with yourself.
    ur right, we need to be content with ourselves 1st. I've had periods (not the v a g i nal kind) where I've felt on top of the world but thn few days later I'm feelin hopeless again. I don't know how to sustain that brief period of confidence. Loneliness is definitely a root cause of depression, I think its because a relationship is a universal need that acts as a barometer of our quality of life. If thts not being met its destructive to our wellbeing .

Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    I think its because a relationship is a universal need that acts as a barometer of our quality of life.
    Completely disagree, a relationship does not say anything about quality life!!!! Ever been in a room with your friends and felt lonely?
    Maybe, once you are at the top, take the time to write down and how you feel and why. Once you are hopeless, get those notes out to remind yourself what you are capable of.

I completely agree with Samantha! A relationship doesn't make a human being "more" or that your life will be better....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    I couldn't imagine bein happy though without ever findin love, at least just to experience it. Simply bein around the opposite sex triggers my depression because thy reflect how empty my life is & my never endin struggle to form bonds with people. I just rang in sick at work because I woke up late, its a relief though because just seein the manager who I have feelings for is enough to send me into despair

Finding love is what everyone is after. Some people never experience it.
    If you have problems being around the opposite sex, maybe CBT can help there?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha340 For This Useful Post:

SA89
    ye maybe Samantha, I get easily tired as well tryin to fit in all the time so I kinda give up. I've missed work & now my voluntary today because I just want to sleep all the time. These meds sedate my mind to the point were I cba movin from my bed. Mum's naggin sayin I'm a lazy so & so, she understands I'm depressed though ..

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Some meds can make you lethargic hun, I know mine can with me, as hard as it is you have to try and push past that and get moving etc the more you do the easier it becomes.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

If your meds are affecting you that badly then go and talk to your Dr again..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!