Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Hey there, i know what you mean. I have been away for a while from the forum too. And I can understand why not making any progress might make you feel that you should not be here.

I understand. But I dont agree. We are all human and if we like it or not. We are not meant to be alone (trust me. I keep trying this).

You are a part of this forum as much as the next person. And life is not a race. We walk it in our own pace. Some people achieved great things early on others later in life. It does not matter. I read that a woman got a college degree at 80. Its all awesome.

I have gotten worse over the last few years. Not even the same. But with one change. I opened my mind up to outside help. Even if i thought that will not work. Or how do they know me? I went through. I am not where I want to be. But for the first time in my adult life I feel that I am getting there. Not now. Not tomorrow. But one day. And that helps.

I still have way to many dark days. But I am grateful to be here. On this forum. Meeting people.

And I am glad you posted again.
    Thank you Mira, I can relate to everything you said . I attended 3 interviews this week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and gave a good account of myself. I'm very good at articulating myself but I stumbled slightly on the 3rd interview with a few questions. I didn't sleep either but pushed myself to attend all 3. I've also took the initiative to put myself forward for a few meetup hangouts. Its with a group from the meetup app and they arrange outings on a weekly basis. This Saturday I'm penciled in for games & lunch from 2-5. They arrange things like comedy clubs, pub quiz', bars etc. It'll be surreal because not only are they strangers but they're around 20+ years older than me. But I'm going regardless & I've also applied for lots of voluntary as I'd like to get back into it. I hope this has given you food for thought to maybe try yourself? .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi hunni.
    Staying away from the forum doesn't seem to be helping, so you might as well keep coming back to see if it does help when you can talk things through a bit more!
    Have you not thought of trying different meds?
    Can you try to get up each day, shower and get dressed and go and sit with your Mum for a while?
    I feel marginally better when I've been out in the sun to appointments like I've done this week. Even if it's a brief respite from my room it's a positive step in the right direction. Right now I feel a bit more hopeful but I need to connect that hope with tangible results (ie social outings, some form of work routine), otherwise I'll fall back down into that pit of despair which I've done time & time again. I'm sure we can all relate to that . That's the tricky part that I've always struggled with, finding a routine and sustaining it. Despite my relative progress this week I still feel "emotionless". How do you rekindle a bright spark that's long since been burnt out?. Please don't tell me pills are the answer ..
    Last edited by SA89; 10-04-19 at 10:27 PM.