Quote Originally Posted by rose View Post
If there are no promotion prospects and its only one day a week then you need to get out.
If you want to work in mental health then look for entry level jobs and see what qualifications are being asked for.
My friend had to work really really hard to get onto a paramedic course.... its not an easy field to get into at all.
Thats why I feel so pessimistic because the fields I sorta like are difficult to get into (mental health,literature etc). As a result I resign myself to applyin for places like Asda, McDonald's & even they don't want me! lol .
Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
If that's how you present yourself then that's all people are going to see... You are worth a huge amount more than that, but you just don't show it or believe it. Do you have any qualifications in mental health? What about experience?
It must be said that you do come across sometimes as someone who does have a really big chip on their shoulder expecting everyone else to do it for you... But if you want it, then get out there and do it. If you want it bad enough then you'll work hard for it.
I assume that when you fill in your application forms/CV etc that you write them in proper English rather than text speak as not everyone can work that out (and I hate text speak lol) and that you present yourself well?
ye I do everythin to the letter, I'm good at writin so I can articulate my lack of skills into a targeted format. But ye ur right I'm not independent, people even tie knots for me at work :\. I present myself rather timidly but thats who I am, I don't wanna be a manipulative p**** just to fit in & lick the managers butt.