Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Failed all 3 interviews because that's the story of my in life. 1 rang & said I did a good interview but claimed there was others that were more "detailed" which is a bull reason because I gave plenty of accurate detail in my answers. I reckon discrimination is a factor, especially when it's so competitive. "Lack of detail" is a way to cover their corporate arse's for what they really think. I'm tired of the whole job search process. Even when I perform well I still get rejected. If they had any idea what those rejections can do to someone as vulnerable as me they'd think twice & be more courteous. They'll be sorry if they hear about me in the news tommorow, strung up from a shower rail ..
    That's a terrible thing to say.... That screams lack of respect for anyone who has taken their own lives, those who fight those thoughts on a daily basis and does nothing to make you sound anything like someone who has any respect for anyone at all. It goes against everything that I and thousands of others fight against that kind of flippant comment and stigma around depression and suicide.
    Why exactly do you think they are discriminating against you?
    In what way do you think you gave enough detail, but they didn't - give examples?

wow ur a proper trooper, is that what inspired you to run this forum?. Do you suffer with depression like the users on here or are you more emotionally balanced?. And ye your right that a nice house doesn't equate to good mental health because it's just stuff at the end of the day. That's why even millionaire celebrities suffer like George Michael. There's even homeless people that have better mental health than rich people. I tried mindfulness recently by sitting in the garden & being "present". I think I need to practice it more. And ye battling depression & anxiety for so long is an achievement caus many would have killed themselves by now, especially being as reclusive as I am.
    Your first sentence here sounds so rude! I'm not, and never have been wanting praise or "well done you" or similar. It's not about that, that isn't why I posted what I did. I hardly ever say how things really are for me.
    No I don't have diagnosed depression - I have had post natal depression 3 times and I have cared for Marc with his breakdowns, and recoveries... Mindfulness is more than sitting in the garden trying to be present once. It takes hours of practise.
    You being a recluse is your choice. There are so many things you could try, but you don't ever seem to take responsibility for any of this...
    It's also important to note that you don't have to be someone who shuts themselves away to be someone who takes their own lives. Again - a flippant comment which does nothing to show you as a respectful and thoughtful human being at all.

Continued in the next post.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (13-04-19),Jaquaia (13-04-19)