Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
Did you know that there are medications that purely tackle anxiety? I take propanolol which, although technically a beta blocker, is used to treat the physical symptoms of anxiety. It helps massively to relieve the racing heartbeat and tight chest feeling I get. It might be something worth discussing with your gp, see if there's anything you can take to ease the anxiety while the CBT starts to work
My anxiety hasn't been as intense since the last couple days, its still very much present though bubbling beneath the surface. Its been more my depression, fluctuating between despair and somewhat on the edge of despair. When its the latter it tricks me into thinking its under control & that I'm doing fine. I'm aware this is a false dawn though .. Most importantly I need to get out of this bloody room & give myself a purpose, that's the best medicine I reckon..

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
There are more than 4 ad's lovely - which ones have you tried?
Jaq is right, it doesn't have to be an AD to help with anxiety...
I've tried Setraline, Citalopram, Fluxotine & Mitazipine several times over at various doses. My doctor won't prescribe anythin else because they're considered the 'safe' options by NHS standards. These pills just made me want to sleep all day which made it even harder to get self-motivated. That's why I'm so against them.. I'm stressed at the moment with my income because I've not been paid for months by Universal credit. I missed 1 appointment so they won't pay me. My money is evaporating before my eyes which makes me even more guilty that I just paid for an holiday ..

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Yes I did mention Turkey but that was an over protective mother trying to tell her 19 yo daughter what to do. So don't listen to me ....
How did she find it? I'm going end of September in Antalya. I went to Altinkum a few years ago & enjoyed it to an extent. My anxiety kinda got in the way of me enjoying it but thats something I have to live with. I went when I was a kid as well.