Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I keep coming back to this, sorry, but you're only 25! You're expecting to have everything now but adult life doesn't just get handed over on a plate when you leave school/college/uni. You have to work for it - my hubby didn't get into a managerial position til his mid 30s and I became to Ill to work again before I got there - my plans, my career path were all destroyed by depression. Not everybody gets that career path or even wants it.

Wrt couples, I made a mistake in my teens so by the time I was your age, I was divorced and a single mum of a baby. Can you imagine how hard that was? I was working full time to keep a roof over my baby's head. Yes, I'm in a good relationship now, but I suffered to get there yet everyone thought I was coping. Not everything you see is reality, and perfection in relationships is impossible.

So, you hate me because I'm in a couple. Honestly? It doesn't bother me in the slightest. What does bother me is how much hatred you carry around in you. That will destroy you, eventually, and will eventually become visibly obvious to people around you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: