Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SA89 View Post
    Suzi you've completely misinterpreted a lot of what I've said & you've done it again in that post.
    In which case I apologise.

Apart from the suicide remark which was unnecessary of me, what hideous comments exactly did I make?.
    There was more than one flippant comment re suicide. Again you implied that you didn't get the job due to discrimination, that you think that you were better than everyone else.

When I said your a trooper, I didn't mean that as condescending or sarcastic, I was genuinely interested in what motivated you to run this forum & you've completely took it the wrong way.
    I apologise for taking it the wrong way, just that after your comment it felt as if you were continuing to be flippant...
    Of course I respect others & their struggles because I'm going through the exact same as most on here. To say otherwise is suggesting my mental health isn't as bad as others.
    Thing is, you don't appear to be doing everything you can to help yourself. Over the years you've had some brilliant advice about doing things such as getting up every day, speaking to your Dr, doing the 3 positives a day etc and even when you do follow it you revert straight back to staying in your room, and not continuing it. When you stopped your meds we suggested that instead of just stopping that you should go and talk things over with your GP - not even to get different ones (although that may have helped enormously) but just to tell them what you were doing and maybe getting more help in other ways. You didn't.
    I'm not saying your mental health isn't "as bad" as anyone else's - I've never said that. In fact I think you're more likely to find many examples of me saying that whatever you are struggling with is as important and "as bad" as everyone else's because it's happening to you.

I wasn't referring to rejection on here, I was referring to my life in general. This is exactly what I mean when I say you've taken things I've said out of context. I have as well at times & it's natural with texting (not text speak that's a different thing entirely). As the owner though, if you misinterpretate something it can have a ripple effect as your posts hold more weight as an administrator. And of course I've appreciated the support I've had on here.
    It wasn't only me who read it that way though....

I can see how implying I'd hang myself after a job rejection could be triggering. I'm very vulnerable so it wasn't entirely flippant. But I don't understand the other supposed hurtful comments I made. Apart from that rash remark, everything else has been misintepretrated which is very frustrating. I'm tired of being misunderstood but I guess that's part & parcel of mental health ..
    It seems to have been "misinterpreted" by most of the other members of the forum, not just me though so obviously there was something "off" in the way you posted...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: