Thread: Anxiety & Depression Hell..*TRIGGERS*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry you're struggling, but cold turkey withdrawal is almost always going to have a massively negative effect.
    What bit you fail and how badly?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sorry you're struggling, but cold turkey withdrawal is almost always going to have a massively negative effect.
    What bit you fail and how badly?
    It was the intervention part Suzi, we had to stand up & demonstrate how to handle vulnerable people in certain situations. When it was my turn I came across really anxious and hesitant as the whole group was watching. I was then taken aside after that session by the instructor who had a word with me. He said I didn't appear confident in that scenario so requested more training & marked me a low 2 I believe. That affected their decision to put me on full time so they suggested further training then they'll put me forward for another part of their support team. I guess they still see something in me to not completely withdraw my contract. I'm just worried I'll f*** up that part of the training again. The rest of my training went fine; first aid etc, but I let myself down on the intervention. My anxiety gets in the way of everything tbh ..

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Oh hunni, cold turkey always causes mood swings. It’s always better to come off slowly, with the drs support. Why did you decide to stop them?

I know this training hasn’t worked out how you thought but it’s not that long ago you’d never have even tried to do it. I know that doesn’t make it better but it does show just how far you’ve come. Do you plan on redo the training?
    I've actually felt amazing since going cold turkey. The extreme fatigue from those meds made me just want to sleep 24/7. Without them I feel like I've unlocked energy levels that's been long forgotten. My anxietys increased but my depression is roughly the same as when I was on them. I'd even say that my depression has lifted since going cold turkey. My sense of wellbeing has improved dramatically & being in a positive environment in training has definitely helped that. I doubt I'd have even had the energy levels to attend that training if I was still on those pills. Random crying aside I feel so much better without these meds in my system.

I plan to re-do my training as I really want to work in social care. It's so rewarding & interesting & it's such a positive environment to be part of. If I pass this further training then I think I'm good to go but nothings certain in this life .
    Last edited by SA89; 12-03-18 at 11:52 PM.