Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
Sometimes you have to push yourself to do the little things so you don't get trapped in a vicious cycle. Believe me, I know how hard it is. Most days it takes me a couple of hours to drag myself out of bed and another couple of hours to get dressed. Have you thought about getting up and sitting in the garden with a drink for an hour or so? Start with something small. It might be good for you to contact Mind too. Counselling or CBT might help you with your self worth, or a self-esteem course or something.
I'm trapped in that vicious cycle, it only alleviates slightly when I find hope in something. I felt hopeful when I did my tutoring recently & I had a purpose 'cause I was mentoring a child who had an actual impairment. I just wish I had some friends I could visit to relieve the loneliness. Its such a miserable existence when u have no one but ur mother to turn to..

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
You don't know how lucky you are. You have no job no benefits due to sanctions and yet you still have food in your belly a roof over your head, and the luxury of being able to lie in bed all day. If you aren't happy with your life got off your butt and change it cos no one else is gonna do it for you. Time you stood on your own to feet. I know what it's like to feel so low that I don't wanna get out of bed, or so anxious I'm scared to leave the house, or to have so little self worth that I don't think I deserve anything good in my life, but I want to feel bett).
I know how fortunate I am compared to people who don't even have a home or clean water. That doesn't make a difference to my mind though. I've always felt like I don't identify with anyone. I'm a realist & I've noticed a lot of people with depression share that line of thinkin of seeing through all the bull****.

Ur right though, I bury my head in the sand because I don't know how to ignite that spark. I'm ashamed of myself so I hide away, drowning in my deep insecurities.

And Suzi, I apply for everythin. I want to get into social care but I need more strings to my bow than tutoring. It p***** me off though how people with no experience at all can walk into a job .