Thread: Medication Review: Quetiapine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Noel
    I am now up to 300mg of quetiapine after steadily increasing dosage by 25mg per day . I am really happy that the initial side effects of tiredness and hunger
    have got better as time has gone by . Up until 3 days ago I was feeling hopeless and pointless and generally rubbish . But then I started to feel slightly more
    positive with glimmers of hope for the first time in a long time . As always when i start to feel brighter I tried to run before i learned to walk and wanted to
    make up for my low mood by being cheerful and had a great evening trying to learn guitar and keyboard with the kids . It was the first time in a long time
    that the house was full of real laughter from all of us . I exclaimed to my wife i am on the mend . I know I have to take it one day at a time but just felt
    like sharing this on here . Ironically two days before that i had run out of my sertraline so had to wait a few days to get another prescription . I think that
    evening i felt a bit more energetic as i had missed a couple of sertraline ( 2x100mg). It has made me wonder if it would be a good idea to ween off the sertraline
    which is what my phsyciatrist had first mentioned , but we agreed to see how it went . When i got my prescription and started on the sertraline again after 3 days
    I did notice i felt a bit more numb and tired again , although still an improvement overall. I have an appointment with phsyciatrist next wednesday which is good timing .
    If anyone else has any experience with these meds together I would be greatful if you have any advice .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Noel For This Useful Post:

Paula (03-10-14)