Thread: Medication Review: Quetiapine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Noel
    I just wanted to update my progress on quetiapine . I found for me the 300mg immediate realease at night has helped with my depression but was too much of a dosage for the side effects . It made me very drowsey soon after taking it and felt the heart palpitations too much and also restless leg syndrome , oh and the "munchies" . All of which were soon after taking it at night . Although waking up in the morning was difficult i felt no side effects during the day . My pdoc said to me from the begining that i should try to work out for myself the best dosage that i feel most benificial with the least side effects , so i have gradually reduced it down to 150 mg and found it more tolarable at night with less of the worrying side effects . I manage to get to sleep no problem without the heavy stoned feeling , more of a natural tiredness and the restless leg syndrome has eased up completely . Time will tell how well this will prevent my depression returning . I was thinking of talking to the pdoc about coming off it completely because of the side effects but am hopeful that reducing the dosage will be more beneficial . I have also reduced the sertraline to 50mg in the morning , and i am trying to keep as physically fit as possible by excersize and good nutritious food . I hope this helps someone else on quetiapine or starting it . I will update it again soon .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Noel For This Useful Post:

Suzi (31-10-14)