Thread: DWD Recipe Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Viking, holder of the cape of spangly awesomeness & holder of the amulet of knowledge of the magic bourbon biscuits Emmie's Avatar
    Suagr Free Butter free flapjacks

I searched high and low for a recipe that would satisfy my 'all natural' 'non-refined' desires, we made this this morning and oh my but they are lush! Sweet, chewy, hold together well, they don't taste quite as nindulgent as the buttery sugary ones but they are stiill very lovely and vaguely healthy too! The recipe makes 16 nicely sized slice at 3 weight watchers pro points per slice (or 5 for two!)

175g oats (I used tesco value)
    85g no added sugar muesli (I used tesco value as it was cheap, had no sugar or, I think, salt and no milk!)
    150g dried fruit mixture
    3 tbsp (45ml) honey, clear or set
    2 egg whites
    175ml apple juice

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c
    2. Combine the oats, muesli and dried fruit in a bowl
    3.Warm the honey in a small saucepan until it is runny. Add to the bowl.
    4. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
    5. Press the remaining mixture into a lightly oiled (I rubbed with a little vitalite which did the trick) 18x28cm (7x11in) baking tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. When cool cut into bars.
    I had to leave them bum up on a baking try for a little while to dry out a bit after I got them out the tin as I thought they might stick together in the box otherwise!

Im now on the hunt for an egg yolk recipe! I found one for mayonnaise but it work out at 4 ww propoints for tablespoon *faints*
    Mara: Sometimes you're the cart, sometimes you're the horse...
    Me: Sometimes you're lying in the cart with a cold compress on your forehead...

Deservedly declared winner of Quiz 33 and taking bragging rights of that seriously.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emmie For This Useful Post:

amaeru (19-06-13),Aspasia (02-04-12),Suzi (02-04-12),veggie (09-04-12)