Thread: DWD Recipe Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Pea and ham Soup

I dont use ham in this I use bacon, it can be any type of bacon you want aslong as it is smoked bacon, I use lean smoked back bacon and cut all the fat off.
    Also as there is no dairy in this recipe everyone can do it.

Also when cooking the peas I cook them until there is no water left in them they are not dry but not liquid, you can always thin this soup down easier than thickening it up and I love it really thick.

1 packet of dried quick soak peas
    1 large onion
    2 medium potatoes
    1 pack of smoked bacon

Soak the peas as per the instruction and cook as per the instruction but I dont put salt in
    peal and chop the onion and chop the bacon and fry until the onions are soft and the bacon slightly crispy
    peal cube the potatoes and boil until soft.

Once the peas and other ingredients are cooked through blend until nearly smooth, I make mine really thick but you can loosen it up with some water,
    also you can leave a bit of the bacon out and once the soup is blended mix the bacon in.
    Taste and only add salt if needed though with the bacon being smoked it shouldnt need it.

This freezes really well and making big batches gives a nice winter warmer
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post: